Learn Home Canning
Discover how to fill your pantry with garden fresh produce to feed your family healthy nutritious food.
Food fresh from the garden or farmers market is one essential step to good health and nutrition. You will have a fantastic soul renewing feeling of satisfaction knowing you provided for your family yourself.
Home Canning is a method of saving that nutritious food for later seasons. Fill your own jars and know what exactly you are eating. Have the satisfaction of knowing just what hands have handled your food and what is in your jars.
So many people want to start canning but are stuck. They don’t know where to start.
Canning Basics is the tool you need to get moving.
Canning is about:
- the health of your family
- the satisfaction of a self sufficiency journey
- real food
What’s the worst thing you can do when you want to learn how to preserve foods at home?
Put some food in a jar, boil it, and see how it goes.
After all, if it seals it must be good… right?
Um no… don’t do that!
You may get food in jars but… will it be healthy? Will it be preserved safely? Will you be watching your kids closely after dinner to see if anything happens!? Just… in… case.
Does any of this sound like you?
- You want to know where your food comes from.
- You have a garden and food is spilling off the counters… you can’t eat it all fast enough.
- You remember eating home canned foods with your grandmother… and want that for YOUR family!
- You want that self sufficient feeling, but are stuck in place by fear.
- You are confused by all the conflicting canning information. So much information!
- You are frustrated with your fear of your canner!
Are you nodding? I figured some of this might resonate.
You are in the right place. There is no need to be afraid. There is not one reason you can’t preserve your own food! No not one.
Canning with confidence! That is what we are after. A perfect place to be for any new canners out there.
Canning Basics is going to dispel fears and myths and get you started right.
As a safety conscious mom of 4 sons, I love the confidence of knowing how canning works and why we do what we do. Let me give you that same confidence.
A pantry filled to the brim with jars gleaming brightly and ready for your table.
You, finally understanding the why behind canning recommendations.
Your family seated around the table eating produce direct from the garden or from a local farmers market…. in the middle of winter!
You, recognizing bad advice about canning practices and avoiding mistakes before they happen.
Your kids knowing what real food is like!
The time to get started is now.
Canning Basics, an online course created especially for beginning canners to get you started.
Step by step video lessons and in a flash… you are now a Confident Canner.
Start Canning and filling your pantry with healthy nutritious foods.
Bring me right to your kitchen and I’ll show you how it is done.
What do you get??
- Immediate access to virtual Canning classes - video tutorials - designed to teach you what you need for safe home canning.
- Downloadable and Printable Simply Canning Guide - an e-book full of the basics of canning and many printable resources.
- Canning Tutorials with recipes and directions to print and create your own canning notebook.
- Unlimited Access to new tutorials, tips, and content as they are created.
- What canning method you should use
- Information on Canning Equipment
- Which Pressure Canner is the best
- How Waterbath Canners work
- How Pressure Canners work
- What to do with your jars once you are done canning
- Printable Altitude Adjustment Charts
- Printable recipes in the free download, Simply Canning Guide
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- New tutorials added throughout the canning season
SELF-PACED COURSE YOU CAN ACCESS ANY TIME ON DESKTOP, TABLET, OR MOBILE DEVICE
Both Video and Text content available as soon as you purchases. Repeat these lessons as often as you need.
DISPEL FEARS AND MYTHS AND JUST GET STARTED
Canning with Confidence! That is what we are after. A perfect place to be for any new canners out there. This is going to fill you in on just how easy it can be.
As a safety conscious mom of 4 sons, I love the confidence of knowing how canning works and why we do what we do.
Are you ready to get started?
If you are intrigued… come and join us! You’ll be so excited when you’ve finished your first batch and wonder why you were so afraid in the first place.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
"I've been searching for local canning classes for months with no success. This very affordable program fulfilled the need and was easy to view at my own pace and from the comfort and convenience of my home computer. Thank you for a comprehensive, easy to follow canning program! Especially helpful for those who benefit from visual learning." - Lynn
"Hi Sharon - my husband purchased us your Canning Basics videos, and I've really been enjoying them. You're a great teacher and it's easy to get excited about all the possibilities since your videos make me feel like I can actually do this thing. My husband just bought me an All-American pressure canner and I can't wait to try it out, but I want to make sure I get as much instruction as possible first. Many thanks for the hard work you've put into these videos!" - Shannon
About the instructor
Hi there, I'm Sharon Peterson of SimplyCanning.com.
I've been successfully filling our pantry with homegrown food for years now. I love the confidence of knowing that I have enough stored up to take care of my family and knowing exactly where that food comes from.
Join me. I'd love to walk with you on this trail of learning how to "put up food" as our grandmothers might have said.
- Practical Advice
- Let’s Can Beets
- [download] Canning Beets
- Peeling Tomatoes
- [download] How To Peel Tomatoes
- Canning Stewed Tomatoes
- [download] Canning Stewed Tomatoes
- Canning Green Beans - Part I
- Canning Green Beans - Part II
- [download] Canning Green Beans
- Canning Apples
- [download] Canning Apples
- Canning Peaches
- [download] Canning Peaches